On the evening of November 18, 911 received a call about a fire at 401 F St. NW. Miami Fire Department quickly arrived at 7:03 pm. and found the garage on fire with heavy smoke and flames showing.
Unit 20 was first on scene. Engine 3 and Engine 4 quickly arrived. Firefighters entered the house through the front door and gained access to the garage. The fire was knocked down quickly. MFD set up positive pressure ventilation, pulled the power to the home, and turned off the water. Utilities was notified and they pulled the electric meter. MFD talked with the homeowner who called 911. She reported that the fire had started in an electrical outlet where they had a bunch of outdoor Christmas lights plugged in. Captain Highsmith commends his crew on a great save.