City Council / Mayor
Regular Meetings are held in the Civic Center, 129 5th Avenue NW, at 5:30 p.m. on the first, and third Tuesday of the month, and at 4:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
- All meetings are open to the public; however, the Council may vote to move into a closed executive session to discuss specific matters as permitted by the State Law.
- Meetings can be seen live on cable channel 57 or streaming on City of Miami Web TV.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The City of Miami supports a City Council / City Manager form of government. In Miami, the Mayor and City Council serve part-time and are elected on a non-partisan basis. Under the Council / Manager form of government, the City Council acts as the legislative body in establishing policy and law and the City Manager handles the day-to-day management of the City organization.
Miami is divided into four wards with an even population distribution. The City Council consists of one member from each ward and a Mayor. Each member is eligible to serve three years, with elections held every year. Elections are rotated with either two council positions or the mayor up for reelection.
- Mayor - Rudy Schultz
- Councilman - Brian Forrester, Ward One
- Councilman - Doug Weston, Ward Two
- Councilman - Ryan Orcutt, Ward Three
- Councilwoman - Vicki Lewis Ward Four